The 22nd annual Chautauqua Piano Competition is a highlight of the summer, and is open only to students enrolled in the program. The solo competition will take place during the last week of our program, and the Winners Recital will be held at the conclusion of the program. All rounds are open to the public.
Competition Repertoire *
Preliminary Round: 15 minutes; free choice of repertoire representing at least two contrasting style periods .
Final Round: 30 minutes; free choice of repertoire representing at least two different style periods. Repertoire may be repeated from the Preliminary Round.
* Please note:
- Solo piano music only; transcriptions are acceptable.
- Excerpted complete movements from multi-movement works are acceptable.
- All traditional repertoire must be performed from memory. Works written post-1960 may be performed with score at the discretion of the faculty.
- Returning students may not use repertoire they have previously performed in this competition.
- Previous first-place winners may not compete.